The GEOSYSTEM Classification Suite package (CLSuite) combines software for calculating grain size distribution curves, Atterberg limits (liquid, plastic limits, plasticity and liquidity indices) and automatic and soil classifications via USCS, AASHTO, USDA, Burmister and DOT-specific methods. CLSuite generates professional quality grain size, Atterberg and textural classification reports from raw testing data.
- Reports can be exported to .PDF files
- Raw testing data can be exported to XML files which can be imported into Excel
- The software features both submittal-quality chart reports and textural reports listing raw testing data.
- Multiple report chart report formats are available for reporting particle size, Proctor and Atterberg test results.
- Calculated results (e.g., percent gravel, sand, silt and clay, LL, PL and PI and USCS soil classification) are available for inclusion on LOGDRAFT boring log reports.
CLSuite is site licensed. One license fee covers unlimited installations at a single address and there are no ongoing maintenance costs.
CLSuite supports both sieve and hydrometer tests.
- Sieve tests can utilize multiple sample splits.
- Conformance to specification can be reported for selected sieves.
- Specifications are stored in a program-maintained database for reuse on subsequent tests.
- The software can generate a composite particle size distribution curve from sieve and hydrometer tests performed on a single split sample.
- Fractional percentages (e.g., percent gravel, coarse, medium and fine sand, etc.) are calculated and reported. Percentages can be calculated using the particle size divisions specified by ASTM, AASHTO, Burmister, Wentworth, CanSIS, BS 5930 and others.
- Diameters at various retained percentages (e.g., D10, D30, D60), coefficients of concavity and uniformity (Cc and Cu) fineness modulus results are automatically calculated from the particle size distribution curve.
- Curves may be plotted on semi-log, Wentworth (Phi), .45 power, log(size) vs. probability or linearly-scaled charts.
- Charts can also include specification envelopes indicating conformance to user-entered specifications.
- Atterberg standards: ASTM D4318 • AASHTO T 89 • AASHTO T 90 • Australian Standard 12188.8.131.52, 12184.108.40.206 and 12220.127.116.11
- Index values (Atterberg liquid and plastic limit, plasticity and liquidity index) are automatically calculated from raw moisture content data and blow counts
- One-point liquid limits are supported
- Natural moisture contents are calculated via ASTM D2216
- Using particle size and Atterberg data the program can automatically classify soils using a number of different methods, including USCS (ASTM D 2487) AASHTO M 145 (aka ASTM D3282), USDA, Burmister and AS 1726.
Additional DOT-specific classification systems are freely downloadable from our website/
- USDA textural triangle reports can be generated
Learn more about CLSuite...